weight gain during pregnancy, and what abour this clumsiness???

So I go to the doctor tomorrow for my 28 week check up and my glucose test. And I am super nervous about looking at the scale. The numbers are starting to really go up. I started pre-preg. at 134 and was 156 at my last appt. Scared I'm already getting to the 30 lb mark. Is it normal to feel like you are gaining weight super fast? And I am SO clumy. I drop everything. Spill everything, and ruin every white shirt within 10 min. Is that normal??

adupuie

Asked by adupuie at 10:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Lol the clumsiness is definitely normal!! It's because your belly is throwing your center of gravity off! As for the weight, don't worry about it unless your doctor brings it up. I have gained more than the recommended, BUT it is all water weight from swelling up. I woke up one day and wasn't swollen that bad, and I had dropped 15 pounds ALL water weight! I usually stay really really swollen, so that one day made me sooo happy that I wasn't as heavy as I thought! lol
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Clumsy is DEFINITELY normal!!!!! Wait til your belly gets even bigger, and you're banging it into things. Also, you probably feel like you're all thumbs and can't remember anything. It's normal! As for the weight, just try to eat healthy foods when you eat, but eat when you are hungry, and be sure to drink enough water (and watch what you are drinking.... there are A LOT of calories in a lot of beverages). Are you getting physical at all? Walking was the best thing when I was pregnant, but swimming is wonderful (or even better) when you're pregnant, and safe, unless you have a complicated pregnancy, and your doctor advises against it.
    I recommend getting some cute tops with prints on them, because between being clumsy and your growing boobs and tummy, you will constantly be spilling stuff on yourself!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:49 AM on Dec. 15, 2008