9 weeks after my C-section and bleeding again adult content

My daughter was born 10 weeks ago. I had locia (normal discharge) for 6 weeks and then my period a week after that (it lasted for 7 days and acted just like my normal periods before my pregnancy.) Now only 2 weeks after that I'm bleeding again and not light spotting either - I'm talking heavy bleeding like another period. I did start a non-estrogen birth control 6 weeks ago (I'm breast feeding.)

Does anyone know what this is?
Should I go see my doctor? Or call them?
If so, my OB or my family doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Health

• For three to four months after my c-section, I would bleed every other week for several days. My doctor told me it was normal from a combination of the c-section and birth control. It eventually evened back out on it's own. If you're worried though, call up the office and ask about it and whether you should come in or not.
    Tommyskitty

Answer by Tommyskitty at 2:25 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• yeah it is normal..sucks but your all good. If you still have question call your obgyn in the morning. Godd luck mama and congrats!!!! <3
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 2:32 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• After my c-section, I had the same thing. It took a few months before my periods became relatively "monthly" again.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:06 AM on Jun. 29, 2011