When you see parents who have just one child, what do you think?

I think, SMART PEOPLE.

chavela_carlita

Asked by chavela_carlita at 5:20 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• Depends on my mood.

Some days, I would think SMART.

Others, WHAT, THEY CAN'T HACK IT?
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 5:58 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Well I mind my own business, really, but I do think there's no better gift you can give a child than a brother/sister. My own sister and I are so close and I adore my brothers. Yeah, they will be there for each other in ways a parent isn't, and after the parents are gone. I think it's kinda sad, but also not my choice so really, it's up to the family how many kids they want.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 5:52 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Same as above thats the exact reason we are currently ttc. My family thinks its a silly reason but thats how i feel i am super close to all 3 of my siblings and want her to experience that bond i have with my sister.
    youngmoma07

Answer by youngmoma07 at 5:52 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• i dont think anything at all. why do i care, none of my business :)
    barrelracer1977

Answer by barrelracer1977 at 7:29 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• All have an upside AND a downside no matter 1 or 2,3,4,5. etc. Whatever works for you and your husband and sometimes it's circumstances that make it that way. There is no right or wrong!!
    cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 9:11 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I don't really think about it, honestly.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I think about that "child" being all alone someday. When both parent pass away, there are no siblings. No one to have that bond of knowing their parents. No one to relive childhood memories with. Ect..
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 5:44 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I only have one child, we don't plan on having anymore, I think we have enough relatives on both sides of our family so if the worst did happen to me and DH, our child would NOT be alone.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 5:53 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I don't think anything.  I don't concern myself with other peoples private business.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:38 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I have one child and think that for people to be saying that they feel sorry for her because she will be alone in the world is ridiculous. Rarely would you find just a mom and dad and one child with no other family to speak of. There are grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins etc. I wonder more about parents who have multiple children and seem to be constantly flustered, chaotic and out of control. I have a neighbor who has 5 children under the age of 10 and her kids are out of control and she never seems to be aware of anything they are doing. I think people have to think about the care a child needs and be realistic in how many they can actually take care of properly, financially and emotionally. Parenting is a big job.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:29 AM on Jun. 29, 2011