C-section???

will i need a c-section if my baby if over 3.5kg's by 40 weeks??just curious because im carrying way to big. Has anyone ever given normal birth to a baby over 3.5 kg?

dienkies22

Asked by dienkies22 at 5:59 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Has your Midwife mentioned it to you before? I'm not sure about the weight, I did know someone who gave birth to a 10lbs baby though!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 6:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• no he didnt mention any c-section but did say that my baby will defenitly weigh over 3.8 almost 4 kgs,and i have asked a few girls and they say that i will have to be cut, im just looking for other answers, coz i realy want to give birth naturaly. im 34 weeks now and baby weighs 2.8 kgs
    dienkies22

Comment by dienkies22 (original poster) at 6:25 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• It really depends on you, and whether your birth canal will be big enough for this baby, and according to my conversion calculator that is not even 8 lbs! That is an average sized baby, unless you are very very tiny I see no reason why you would not be able to have this baby naturally.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:30 AM on Jun. 29, 2011