37 1/2 weeks preggo

Any ideas that have worked for u to infuce labor yourself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Having sex lol! there is something in the man's sperm that causes the uterus to contract. Run up and down the stairs. Take a really bumpy ride!
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 6:37 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I will tell you what one of my docs told me and my hubby....that swallowing the sperm is better than just having sex. LOL I know I know, but she swears by it. I walked ALOT. My parents came when I was 38-39 weeks, and we took them sight seeing, I was walking everywhere! We even went to Alcatraz, which is basically a steep hill to walk up, they have a tram for disabled/preggo ppl, but I walked the whole thing instead (got dilated to 3 cm).
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:22 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• There's nothing proven. You can try walking, spicy food, sex, threatening the baby (at 2 days before my due date I told her "I eat late babies!! Mmmmm!!! Come out now if you don't want to be eaten!!" lol), but reall, he/she is gonna come whenever he/she darn well feels like it :P
    cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 10:03 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I agree baby will come when baby is ready. The only way any of these things will work is if your body is ready for labor. I even asked my momther in law what I could do (she's had 6 kids) and she said "nothing, I've tried it all". But anyway I have heard that sex does help a little because the mans sperm helps thin the cervix and once you start getting contractions, walking helps make it go further. Stimulating your nipples also causes contractions.But really baby wont come until he/she and your body are ready.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 29, 2011