How do you know if your going to be ok

well I am taking my 1st step and moving into a house, I am currently living in public housing a very small 2 bedroom(with 3 people) and 1 very small bathroom, it will be tight but how do I know if we will be ok??

I hate where I am currently and scared to make the jump, but I signed the lease and paid the deposits, I don't get any assist from the state (ie foodstamps) except medicade for the kids and child care assistance.
Is this normal to be scared?

NothinShockin

Asked by NothinShockin at 7:05 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• Your gonna be ok, tell yourself your going to do whatever it takes to make this work! It is a little intimidating signing your name on the dotted line but your going to be so much happier, therefor you'll go the extra mile to see that it works! Congrats be happy!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 7:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yes, very normal to be scared, but you can do it! Write out a budget so you actually see where every dollar will be spent. Seeing it in writing helps a lot. Don't buy anything for the place until you really can afford it by paying cash. Best wishes!!
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• keep telling All is well.
    Ferozsyed

Answer by Ferozsyed at 7:21 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• It is totally normal to be scared when making changes in your life. I think you will be okay and I think the most important thing it to keep a budget. It isn't that hard and that way you will know where your money is going.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:22 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Of course your're scared. Anyone would be. But just rmember it's also exciting! Have fun with it and feel good about it. Tell yourself you'll do what it takes to make it work and your confidence will grow. Good luck to you.
    Hunnieto3

Answer by Hunnieto3 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I feel like I'm on cloud 9!!! And the kids are sooooo excited! They have already packet their toys, (if that tells you how much they want this) and we still have 2 weeks to go!!! lol

I have done a budget and I did it with worst case on child care etc.. so I know that I will be ok or if something happens I will have that little extra, Moving is a hard thing to do and I have done it so many times in my life I hate that I will be renting but it is with option to buy!! so I will see where it takes me. I will also be filling for child support soon as well!! I was scared to do it but now I feel like I need to!!
    Thank you ladies don't know what I would do with out you all!!
    NothinShockin

Comment by NothinShockin (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• as the ladies have said write up a budget, divide all your bills into weekly thing and set that amount aside, and stick to it.....furnish it slowly and as you can afford it.....yard sales and thrift stores will work nicely to get you what you need until you can buy new......best of luck to you!!!!!
    southernlady184

Answer by southernlady184 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Of course it's normal to be scared!

The best thing for you is to take the "scary" out of finances. Go to your library and get one of Dave Ramsay's book. No matter your income, you can THRIVE, not just survive, with his easy to follow plan. And it doesn't have to cost a penny.
    MamaMia9999

Answer by MamaMia9999 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Thank you! I have been packing getting very excited, only 9 more days till I move!!
    NothinShockin

Comment by NothinShockin (original poster) at 6:24 AM on Jul. 7, 2011