What punks! What gives them the right?!

My 9 y/o dau prefers to ride her brother's skooter to a bike. Luckily we have 2 of them, b/c she has 2 older brothers. Last nite she left it parked by our front porch steps. Our yard is completely fenced in. I went out to put it in the garage, & you guessed it, it's gone! Even tho we have a back up for her, she cried, b/c like me, she felt angry & violated. Lord help the little punk if I see him/her riding it! I WILL get it back! And what parent doesn't question their child when they come home w/ something new like that?! Wouldn't you wonder where it came from?! I know some of you may say " it's just a skooter". But it's the principle of the thing. Wouldn't you agree?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 7:54 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• It's not the scooter, and it's not the principle, it's a theft. I don't know why there are parents that are absentee from their children's lives. They just don't pay attention enough or figure that it's one less thing they have to buy.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 8:12 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I do agree with you. I would be pretty upset about that. I always forget to shut our garage door (it is broken right now so the automatic thingy doesn't work) and I have yet to notice anything missing from it!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:58 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I agree.

Answer by older at 7:59 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I agree but odds are it was a teenager and its been ditched. I would check local parks or places nearby where you can shop. Its happened to us before. Someone stole one of our bikes and we found it at a corner store.

Answer by gemgem at 8:03 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I totally agree with you, and we've had the same type of problems around our apartment complex. The kids here have no respect for other people's property, and one even got in my car to get a case of soda I had left in there and gave them out to everyone in the complex before I realized they were gone! His parents didn't do a darn thing when they found out, either! So I definitely feel your pain, Momma. I agree with the other pps- check your neighborhood to see if it's just laying around somewhere, and then check local stores and parks. I hope you guys find it!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:59 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would be very upset if my kids things were stolen too! I would call the police and make out a police report. And as a parent if my kids ever "found" something like that and brought it home you bet I would question them about it until I got the whole story out of them! AND if I find out they stole it, they would darn well return it, apoligize and see what they can do to make it right with the real owner . (zb- do chores/work at owner's house as a consequence). They would also have a consequence at home.... like grounding, and privledges taken away! I would also tell them they are darned lucky that they did not get arrested for stealing!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yes, I do agree with you. Not only would I get the item back, if I saw someone with it, but I would go straight to the parents & let them know about the situation also.
    Hunnieto3

Answer by Hunnieto3 at 10:20 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• agree
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:58 AM on Jun. 29, 2011