My sons weight...

My son will be two in about 2 weeks. He is 35 inches and weighs 29 lbs. (is that normal weight and height?) He has not gained much weight the past few months. Is this normal? He throws up a lot, (about 3-4 times a week) but i have taken him to the doctor and she said that it might be his acid reflux, or milk allergy; and not to worry about it. I have switched him to lactaid milk and he has done alot better but still throws up certain foods, i quit giving him thoes foods, but should i take him to an allergist?

sillymommy1206

Asked by sillymommy1206 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Kids' Health

• His growth seems fine to me. I would not be concerned about the lack of recent weight gain b/c he's probably more active than he's been. (They just get more and more active.. and the weight gain slows a bit...) As for the throwing up - if your dr isn't overly concerned about it, then I wouldn't be too concerned, either. BUT - if that mommy inner voice says something is wrong, then I'd take him to the allergist...especially if you have insurance and especially if you are noticing a pattern. It can't hurt! It can't be pleasant for him to throw up that often and it can't be pleasant for you to clean it up!
    AggieMamacita

Answer by AggieMamacita at 11:05 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• The height and weight sound about normal. My son is 18 months and about 24 lbs. He's a little shorter tho (he's got short 'rents) As for the vomitting...my older son used to do it a lot and it had a lot to do with nerves.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 11:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• My son went through the same thing. Does he throw up at night? My son did and I put a pillow under the head of his mattress for about 6 months or so and he quit and grew out of it. He had acid reflux. He would go to bed fall asleep and wake up almost every night throwing up. His height seems normal and his weight is even ok. My son's 3 now and he's only 33 lbs. Try that and see if it works.
    airmanswife1006

Answer by airmanswife1006 at 11:04 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Yes it is at night, and i recently gave him a pillow about 3 weeks ago, and now that you say something aobut htat, that is about when he stopped throwing up. thanks a lot!!
    sillymommy1206

Answer by sillymommy1206 at 11:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2008