Odor?

There is an awful odor coming from my vagina. no excessive discharge or abnormal color. just an odor. i just went to the obgyn less than 2 weeks ago for my yearly pap smear. everything was normal. the odor started afterwards. i can even smell it if i have jeans on. i make sure to wash VERY thoroughly. i don't understand. the smell is so bad that i'll go take 2 to 3 baths a day. has anyone had this problem and found a solution?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Health

• I've heard stories of Doctors leaving foreign objects such as gauzes, inside the body during surgery. The foreign object can cause an infection, therefore causing fever, and bad odor. But you didn't have a surgery rather a standard procedure which is the pap smear. Have the doctor check you again.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 8:24 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Call the doc.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:21 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• You may have gotten an infection for the pap exam. I would call your doctor to get checked, you don't want to get too long with an infection it could cause more problems.
    catieb

Answer by catieb at 11:32 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• It's from the lube they use. It's not female- friendly at all...
    Go buy some repHresh to help restore the vaginal pH to where it should be.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2011