Would you want to know what people say about you behind your back?

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 8:16 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• I could care less what people have to say behind my back.

Answer by older at 8:18 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• out of curiosity, yes....but for the sake of my happiness...NO WAY!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:19 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yes, I am a firm believer of saying things to people's faces. If someone has a problem with me I want them to just tell me, not tell 10 other people and then have to hear it from the grapevine. It solves so many problems when people just talk to the person that they have an issue with. When I have a problem I talk to the person, this doesn't mean I am rude to them, I try to be as nice as humanly possible. Sometimes, however, that does not work out, like when a friend's wife was hitting on my DH and didn't see any problems with it, then I was VERY rude. She is now afraid of me, but @ least she knows how I feel about her and learned that she should stay away from my family.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:19 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• No. If I don't know, it doesn't hurt.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 8:24 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Nope. I prefer to not to worry about what other people may say. If they cant say it to my face then they arent very important.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 8:20 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• In general, no, I wouldn't really want to know because I don't really care.

I pretty much already know what they say. I have a friend who used to be one of those people (and may actually still be...it's a weird friendship we seem to have) and she's told me what people say. I'm bugged that it's all wrong what they say, but not enough to truly care about what they say...if that makes any sense.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:30 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Nope because I don't care!  I know what the people I care about think and that is all that matters.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:34 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Oh, I know what they say. A couple years ago I moved into an apartment building temporarily before I was ready for to move to my house in the sticks. This lady, who was about my age, kept trying to talk to me but I am busy and not very social. One day I stopped to pet the cutest little dog that she was walking through the parking lot and she addressed me by name. She proceeded to tell me that she had several mutual friends with my husband and had heard all about me. She relayed several stories about me, mostly out of context, and gave me statements made by certain people who she identified. It was enlightening to say the least. Apparently I am mean, cold, cynical and frighteing and I make people very nervous and uncomfortable; they avoid my house if I am at home. Well, that's all fine by me if it keeps people away. ; )
    AngelicaDem

Answer by AngelicaDem at 8:37 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• this is what i think : what i dont know, doesnt hurt me. So if i dont know my SIL thinks i'm the worst parent in the whole world, then why should it bug me?
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:41 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I could imagine, but I don't even care. I know who I am and what I'm about and that's what matters. I don't get involved in hearsay or gossip. It only creates problems.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:42 AM on Jun. 29, 2011