High Chair or Booster Seat?

My dd is a little over six months old, and we're going to start giving her solids. We don't have a high chair yet, simply because we've been too busy to go pick one up. I'm still contemplating on what to get. A high chair or a booster set? And what kind do you recommend? I'm looking for something that isn't huge and folds up nicely, but also functions well. Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i used his swing for the first couple of weeks but when he was 4 months old. i have a graco highchair which folds up slim. i love it, mostly made of metal and the 5 point harness is awesome! check it out, really works well for us. good luck!
    Anonymous

• She's still too little for a booster seat. There are some really cool chairs that convert from High chair to booster seats. Check out Target and Wal-marts website. They have way more online then they do in the stores.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8072090

This is a booster seat at walmart for 30 that would be perfect. Something that can be travel sized, can keep her busy while you're fixing her food and something that can grow with her so you're not buying something else in 6 months. There are some that are more girly if you go for that. But that will give you an idea anyway.
    airmanswife1006

Answer by airmanswife1006 at 10:54 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• He's too small for a regular booster seat. I also live in a small house and don't have room for a full sized high chair. We are getting a Fisher price space saver high chair. It is like a booster seat, except it reclines, and is designed for a newborn through a toddler. It costs about $60 at babiesrus.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 10:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Question Asker -----> Why is she too little for a booster seat? I don't really think that's true. She can sit up COMPLETELY unsupported, she sits her self up. She even stands herself up holding onto things.
    Anonymous

• I do not think she is too little for a booster seat. My 5 month old sits up on his own and use a booster seat for him and he does great. I have the Fisher Price jungle theme booster seat and it keeps my little guy entertained while i'm preparing his food and while the rest of us are eating. It's great.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 10:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• so buy a booster seat
    Anonymous

• If she can sit unassisted, she can sit in a booster. This isn't for a car, it's for at the kitchen table.  I have one similar to this: Fisher Price, and it's great.  My daughter can sit up to the table with us and it's really portable.

degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 11:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Personally, i DESPISE high chairs. Got one for my son, first born, that's what baby's need right? WRONG!!!! At first you end up using the swing anyway, and the high chair takes a ton of room, and then it becomes a climbing toy for the baby. The day my son pushed his high chair over to the kitchen counter and began to use it to climb to the stove, I WAS DONE. (he was about 8-9 months). For my daughter I just got a booster, besides they're better 1. take less space 2. portable, 3. non-climable and 4. good for many, many years.
    I advice any and all new mom's anywhere to NEVER get a high chair, its a waste of money and potentially dangerous. If your child is ready for solids a booster is fine, or if you want to get the kind that reclines. Same as a high chair, less money, can take anywhere etc.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 11:38 PM on Dec. 14, 2008