Farmers Markets; Do you have them near you?

and how often do you go to them?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:21 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Ours is right around the corner from my street....it's open every Saturday and we always go.

If you aren't sure if there are any near you, you can check www.localharvest.org
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• We have two close by. We love the apple donuts and the cider that they sell.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 8:29 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• We have so many around here. We stop @ them occasionally. It just depends, we usually stop when we got to the lake because we pass about 4 or 5 on our way out there, we pick up some fresh fruit to take out with us.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:31 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• There is one here in town but it is at a silly time like Thursdays at noon or something. I have never been to it.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:05 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I live in Kansas, so of course we have them close by! LOL
    smiles551

Answer by smiles551 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I live in Northern Virginia, which is awesome because 20 minutes in one direction you're smack dab in the middle of Washington, DC, 20 minutes in the other direction you're in nothing but farms! So we get lots of great farmer's markets here. I used to go about once a week, but once we bought our house we just couldn't afford it anymore. If you need a list of where to find them, localharvest.org has an awesome search engine for anywhere in the US, plus CSAs, etc!
    cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 9:38 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• We are from a small farming community, and there are lots of farms that do their own stands and markets in the summer, but I don't think of them like the large farmer's markets in larger cities. The Amish do meet once a week outside the farm supply store with their produce as a market type event.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:57 AM on Jun. 29, 2011