Is total hell about to break out in the ME?

UK: Iran conducting secret ballistic missile tests alongside public military maneuvers

If they are to this point. Israel in covert junction with Saudi Arabia, may very well bomb Iran.

What do you think the repercussions of this would be for the US?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/uk-iran-conducting-secret-ballistic-missile-tests-alongside-public-military-maneuvers/2011/06/29/AGPEBVqH_story.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 8:21 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• YSK nailed it.

The US needs to learn how to mind it's own business. And that includes telling Israel to do stuff on their own. ~ miss lisa

Actually, Israel has pretty much told us that they'll be back when we get a president who isn't arrogant enough to roam the planet spitting on allies. As for minding our own business, we tried that for almost 60 years ... and the end result was 9/11. At that point the US gov't. had not only the right, but a duty to the citizens to go stomp someone. I just wish we had stomped much harder. This would have been over long already, same for nabbing BL. The ones who have been against all this, who howled about hurting the enemies feelies, and roamed around protesting have no one BUT yourselves to blame for how long we've been there. You are also to blame for the ever rising body count. 'You' should be doing your griping in front of a mirror.

Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I have been saying for months that we are on the cusp of WW3. Iran has almost reached/may have already reached the point where Israel AND Saudi Arabia will have to take military action. When they do war will break out all over the ME.

All this might could be avoided if President No Balls would put together a coalition of allies to drop the Super Bunker Busters he has had in the arsenal for more than a year......bombs built for this purpose. Instead he starts a war in Libya...whiich he should be impeached for and starts heavy campaigning.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:13 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• This kind of stuff didn't happen when the US had a president that was viewed by the world as a strong leader. Every time PBO announces some new strategy of loosing these wars we are in, the ME takes another leap. PBO's new exit strategy all bundled up with deadlines just gives the militants a shot of hope. PBO has no interest in winning these wars (including Libya). He surprised his generals with his announcement which was opposite of what they recommended. Our troops are in a war zone which is dangerous, but he put them in extra peril by this last announcement. The enemy is energized. He should have told them that they would be defeated, left wanting, and then and only then would the US leave the region. None of this surprises me. PBO is on the side of our enemy.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:30 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I havent watched any of it yet...but i sure as hell hope that these people keep the peace. If they dont Obama will send OUR troops over to fight it out. Why cant people just get along???
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 8:28 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I think it's strange to read comments from posters who probably favored out pre-epmtive attack on Iraq suggesting that we mind our own business.

I also think the suggestion that war will break out all over the ME is a little silly. They already are at war in many of the countries and the tension regarding Isreal has been there since it was created. What's happening in ME has been happening for decades, with the exception of the Arab Springs.

I'll bet if Isreal and Saudia Arabia bombed Iran we'd sit on our hands for quite a while, at least until the UN passed a resolution dealing with it some way.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 12:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Haven't been paying attention. Last I heard was Iran was going to send a monkey into space.
    I thought Saudi was helping Iran.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:06 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I've been against Iraq since day 1. I just want to clarify that now.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 12:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• The US needs to learn how to mind it's own business. And that includes telling Israel to do stuff on their own.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa 5 hours ago
    2418 Level 16 1 star Politics & Current Events 101

It is our business, however Israel and Saudi Arabia know they will not get help from the US now with this joke of a president we have. That is why the Saudi's in an unprecedented move have given Israel use of their airspace to take Iran out.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• And one more thing, miss_lisa. There is a specific spot you can stick your blame America first attitude.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2011