Help!!

How would you handle swimming and your daughter that is too young to wear a tampon and has her period? What do your daughters do? I know the flow stops when you are in the water but what about during the breaks at the pool?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Health

• Why would her age have anything to do with wearing a tampon??? if she has a period she can wear one......

Answer by older at 8:23 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Why does she need to swim during her period? School usually allows students to sit out in that situation.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 8:23 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Periods only last for a few days...I would just wait to take her to the pool until she is off of her period. There really isnt anything you can do...pads would just get all wet and fall apart and if shes to young for a tampon...i dont know i would find something else fun to do with her for those days that she is on it until her period stops...then she can go swimming. Good luck !
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 8:25 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Dalimonster- she didnt say anthing about her being at school.
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 8:26 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I don't think she's too young for a tampon just get a really small flow type and teach her how to use it for swimming.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 8:28 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• What does age have to do with wearing tampons? This confuses me. I think if you are old enough to have a period you are old enough to use a tampon.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:29 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I didn't know if this was a summer school situation.
    If it's not a "requirement" for her to go in the pool, why not just skip it until the period goes away? There are plenty of fun things to do in the summer that do not require going in the pool.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 8:32 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would just sit her out of swimming tell she is off he period.

Answer by louise2 at 8:39 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• http://www.kidsgrowth.com/resources/articledetail.cfm?id=942

http://www.beinggirl.com/article/first-tampon-tampax-pearl/

http://www.beinggirl.com/products/tampax/tampax-pearl/
    anninflorida

Answer by anninflorida at 8:58 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I agree that she is probably perfectly fine to use a tampon. I started my periods at about 10 or 11 years old and used a tampon from my very first period. Tell her the basics, show her the diagram, then let her figure it out.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2011