Do you think a father should have a choice in abortions ?

What if the mother doesnt want to baby ( but doesnt want to give birth) and the father wants the child....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• He should have some input but the final decision is hers.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:40 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would like to say yes, because i have known many men who were very hurt when they found out their baby was terminated...but when it comes down to it...its the woman who carries the child, it's the woman who births the child, goes through all the sick days & crazy emotions of pregnancy....if the woman says no, the woman says no. She should not legally be forced to carry a child to full term because the father wants her too. It's her body that is taking a toll for the pregnancy, i think that gives the woman a bit more choice over the matter than the man.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:41 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yes, the baby is as much his as it is hers. And I think if both people dont agree it should not be done.
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 8:42 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Just because she is the one who has to be pregnant for like 9 months, not him. Gives her the right to choose. Abortion or not. When science can transfer the pregnancy to a artificial uterus to grow. Women will always have a  last say in it. 

Answer by louise2 at 8:43 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I think if everyone wants the man to do his part after the baby is born child support, helping around the house, feedings, diapers, etc. then yes, he should have a say. No abortion should be performed without a DNA test on the man and a signature from both parents. 9 months isn't going to kill anyone. If the man wants the baby, then he can pay for doctors, maternity clothing, etc. an it can just be turned over to him. Ladies, this isn't equal rights, this is OVER equal rights and telling a man we are better than them. Is this what we have come to?
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 8:44 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Was the man abusive and the mom ran for safety? Was she raped?
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:46 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I agree with attap5 this isnt about equal rights and honestly if I say its my body I will do what I want.. then where is the fathers rights in that choice..
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 8:48 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I think the father should have some input. However, it is the woman's body. A lot of things change in a woman's body with pregnancy. I think she should have the right to say that she doesn't want to go though it. If the father wants the child, that is input that the woman should take into consideration, but I think it should ultimately be the woman's decision. Legally, the father doesn't have rights to a child that is not born yet.
    Turn it around, should the father be able to make a woman have an abortion because he doesn't want a child? No. He can provide the input and walk away.
    I think it would be wrong to legally force a woman to have to carry a child to term when she clearly is against it.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 8:53 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• No.
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 8:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yes, provided it wasn't rape. If a woman opts to have sex with a man she should be prepared to have children with him. If you don't want to have his baby, don't share his bed. It's really not a difficult conecpt to get, I think we are all old enough to know where babies come from.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:03 AM on Jun. 29, 2011