If you new that your words had the power to make or break someone, would you be careful how you spoke to someone?

Mrs.Carr81

Asked by Mrs.Carr81 at 8:40 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in

• I do know my words have that power.. I also know that in anger I may say something I could never ever take back.. so I am careful now.
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 8:44 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I do know that words have an impact on others so I am cautious about what I say. I do however, slip up with a dumb moment & say something that I go "omg" & hold my breath after saying it but usually I am pretty good.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:45 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I've learned with time that words are really powerful. I try to be very careful how I speak to people.
    My dad took me aside one day and gave me a piece of paper and told me to crumple it up in my hands as much as I could. So I did.
    Then he told me to smooth it out and make it like new. I tried, it was never like new, even after ironing it.
    He told me to think about that piece of paper every time I was about to yell at someone or treat them nastily. He told me that's how someone's soul gets after being trampled, and, like the piece of paper, it never quite smooths out to be like it was when new.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 8:46 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• i am always careful with how i speak to people
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:04 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I always watch what I say because I know how much words can hurt. I hate that old phrase, stick an stones can break your bones but words will never hurt you. I think it is complete BS. I tend to believe words can hurt worse because that pain is internalized.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 9:40 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Of course. Sometimes I am sugar coating my words and sometimes I very blunt. Depends on the situation and who I am talking to.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:42 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I am always careful what I say and with who I say it to. good or bad I know how far I can go...
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:44 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I try my best to use my words kindly and lovingly. It's not always easy but it's worth the effort.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 10:41 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• It depends on the situation and who I am talking to...yes words can hurt, and the ones that do you can never take back, no matter how many time you say you are sorry...they will haunt you forever. I wish my SO would realize that, he has bad anger issues and when he is mad, there aint no telling what is gonna come out of his mouth. I can only count on 1 hand how many times he has said that he was sorry. But that still does not change the fact that he said it and that it hurt.
    hottmomma042607

Answer by hottmomma042607 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• It takes discipline and thought to use the right words.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2011