Could it be gestational diabetes?

I've been so sick lately but not really like morning sickness where the smell makes me sick. More like anything I eat I feel light headed, dizzy, nauseous, and need to lay down. I'm pregnant but only like 7 weeks and it's getting worse daily! I feel like I have energy crashes and what helps one day seems to make me feel worse the next. I had a blood test a few weeks ago and I was border hypoglycemic. I feel like I'm lacking sugar but everythin I eat brings the same feeling. No medical insurance until the 1st either!!!

07lilmama1108

Asked by 07lilmama1108 at 8:46 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Health

• Soundd like a cobanation of morning sickness and Hypoglycemia. Google it to see how to eat to control it.

Answer by louise2 at 8:51 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Well if you were already borderline hypoglycemic the first thing I would do is up your carb intake, still eat healthier versions like whole grains, brown rice, whole grain pastas and breads....but up the intake. Try to stick to the 35-50 gram range per meal.

Also next time you are in a pharmacy, such as walgreens or rite-aid, even wal-mart or target, get yourself either glucose tablets or the gel and keep them in your purse. When you get light headed, shaky, cold sweats, etc that's a low, eat a tube of the gel or 2-3 glucose tabs as fast acting sugar and then have a slice of bread or something more substancial to keep your levels up.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:00 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Thanks ladies. But the problem seems to be sugar. Like I'll feel like I need sugar or I'll pass out so I'll take a bite or two of something sweet and feel great until about 15-30 mins later I'm dizzy and extremely nauseous.... Like the baby can't handle it. I'll be going in to get checked out soon I just feel like I'm hypoglycemic and need sugar but the baby is diabetic and can't handle it. I'm very lost on how to get rid of this headache, nausea and tiredness. Tried Tylenol one day and felt like I had taken 6 benedryl!! I'm really warm and my heart is beating hard and fast.
    07lilmama1108

Comment by 07lilmama1108 (original poster) at 9:28 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Is this your first pregnancy? If it is. You do not know how it feels to be pregnant. You do not know what normal morning sickness feels like. One minute you are fine the next you are puking the next you are hungary. And put in tired/sleepy.

Answer by louise2 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• No, this is my second. With my first I barely kept anything down and lost 10 pounds due to morning sickness and nausea. This has similar feelings but there is an added extreme lingering headache and the nausea isn't from smells but happens a short while after I eat. I feel like I'm in need of sugar and feel better after I eat it until it digests. Not like morning sickness where I ate and puked immediately dut to taste and smell
    07lilmama1108

Comment by 07lilmama1108 (original poster) at 12:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• You know every pregnancy is different right. In all aspects

Answer by louise2 at 1:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2011