My ex thinks I am dumb *vent*

Ok long story short. My ex was ordered in 98 for pay $50 a week in child support for 3 kids. He never paid. He got really behind, and ended up arrested and convicted for felony flagrant non support. One more time and his butt goes to prison. This was in 2004 roughly. I started getting payments because he finally figured out he had to work and pay child support. The judge told him point blank I never want to see you here again, he had been there multiple times before the felony.
Now here we are in 2011 and he calls to tell me he has started a new job. He took a pay cut (BS)./ He is working for some air medic company now instead of ground. That he is doing what he cant to get CS processed. I happen to get a random letter about my son turning 18 and them needing proof hes in HS. I had sent this in May knowing school would be out. They said yes honey we got it dnt worry.
I asked about his new job to make sure that there would be no lapse in child support between his old and new job. She freaked out. She said she had no idea he had a new job and that NO he isnt the one who puts in the papework. She does. He lied to me. He is just working and planning not to pay and is in another state to boot. OMG I AM SO PISSED! I left a message for him so we will see what he says.
if he even thinks after all he has put me through trying to get child support I wont send his butt to prison hes got another thing coming. Im sure his new wife would love it. UGh.

Asked by gemgem at 9:04 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• Wow do we have the same x? Mine thought if he could stall until the kids turned 18 he'd get out of paying. Nope. He also thought he didn't have to pay while he was in prison (twice). Wrong again. The cs just added up. Then my attorney added INTEREST to the debt! If the idiot keeps missing payments this is his 3rd strike and it's 10 yrs min in prison! In my case, the current wife pays it. Maybe she wants to get rid of him so stopped paying me! lol Not sure why these guys think they can get away with crap. Oh, and if your child goes to college that age raises to 21 to receive cs.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:45 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• hahaha send him to prision...dead beat dads piss me off to the fullest. He helped make your son, he needs to step up and help pay for him. So is he caught up now on support or does he still owe you for back child support??
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 9:08 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Sorry he is an ass. He is not as smart as he thins he is.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:19 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• wow...that sounds shitty! Can they not tell he has a job through social security? My friend was in a similar situation & through her ex's social security number, they were always to tell if he was getting payed or not & would garnish his wages for child support. Maybe they don't do that in every state...but she never knew where her ex was, but she always got child support because they garnished it from his wages. Is he getting payed cash or something?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:08 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• samurai yeah they can but it takes something like 3 months to show up where they work? I cant remember.

Amber he is caught up, and pays $400 a mth now for one. That is down from $800 a couple yrs ago when he was catching up and the judge increased his support. He is remarried, has seen his kids maybe 4-5 times since 98 and for no more then 2-3 hours. He "cant handle them" or "doesnt know what to do with them". I am like really?

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 9:12 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Nope he just called LOL. CSE had already called him. Now hes changed his story.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 9:20 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• They are telling me it only goes to 19 even in college. I am hiring a lawyer to fight that. He is going to college and living at home.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 9:58 AM on Jun. 29, 2011