Atheists. Since you don't believe in God, or miracles, blessings of God do you believe in...

Spells, witch craft and those powers? I really don't know. lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I personally don't but I don't speak for other people. I would say, generally speaking, atheists don't believe in that stuff either.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I'm agnostic.

I don't believe in spells or witchcraft anymore that I believe in God. I don't know what's true and what's not.

It sounds like you're trying to piss atheists off. To answer your question...no, atheists do not believe in spells and witchcraft. That would be pagans. Pagans and atheists are two VERY different things.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• No i'm not. Damn people. How is this question trying to piss people off? I DON'T want drama.
    Anonymous

• If your going to be rude or make assumptions take your answer else where. I can ask a question and this question is not meant to inflame others and it does not even sound like it is.
    Anonymous

• BTW thank you justanotherjen for being so kind. =)
    Anonymous

• I didn't think you were trying to make people mad. I am atheist. Generally speaking, atheists don't believe in supernatural powers (magic, blessings, etc).
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 11:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Nope. None of that supernatural stuff. I think it is all make-believe. I do know some atheists who believe in some of those things, but I'm pretty consistent: if science can't study it, and at least have some evidence of its existence, then I don't think it is real.
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 11:27 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• It depends on the person. "Atheist" is a broad term & can apply to many people of varying belief systems. So I'd say that some do, some don't, & some aren't sure.

Personally speaking (some people consider me atheist, some don't -- so keep that in mind) --- I haven't really put much thought into those things. I wouldn't be in total shock to find out those things have merit.... but at the same time I don't think everyone that claims to know how to cast a spell has mystical powers.

I'm also pretty sure that some "atheists" DO believe in miracles.... just not that they come from "God".
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I have to agree, I don't believe in spells and magick. I used to be a wiccan, my thing was more kitchen witchery (herbal remedies and such) I still use natural therapies, but don't consider myself a witch any longer...just an atheist.
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 11:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• A true Atheist believes in nothing supernatural - that would be any deity or any form of witchcraft, spellwork, etc.
    Any person claiming to be Atheist with a belief in these sort of things are at best Agnostic...not a real Atheist.
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 4:03 AM on Dec. 15, 2008