How many days after you quit eating any dairy products did you notice a difference in your baby?

My daughter has been having stomach problems that became noticable around 2 weeks old and became much worse at 6 weeks old. I've been told that's common with "colic", but I just see it as my poor baby being in pain. :[ She'll be 7 weeks old on Friday. I've quit eating any and all dairy products, chocolate, onions (never ate those anyway), and am avoiding the other gassy vegetables as well. Dairy was really the only thing I was eating regularly though. Today is the start of day 3 since I quit eating dairy. I've heard it can take up to two weeks to see any change in your baby, but I'm hoping for sooner.

When did you notice a change, if you did ever notice a change? If you didn't, did anything else you did end up helping?

ours

Asked by ours at 9:24 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Who says we're "not supposed" to be drinking milk from another animal? That is just an opinion & far from the truth. Make sure you take come kind of calcium supplements, or she will suck all the calcium right out of your bones. here is some real good info on colic for breastfed babies...it might not be the dairy at all...

http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/breastfeeding/a/colic.htm

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:39 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My son has eczema and allergy issues. We found out he is allergic to dairy, eggs, and red dye. I cut out everything that has those things in them and it took 3 or 4 weeks but it helped tremendously. My daughter had colic and reflux when I nursed her but we could never pinpoint it on any one thing. Good luck mama!!!!!!!!!

SweetOrangeMama

Answer by SweetOrangeMama at 9:44 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My little guy did the same thing. Turned out it wasn't allergies but it was reflux. He was better within about 20 minutes of getting the reflux medicine.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 10:00 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Ya I don't think it's reflux. She never spits up or throws up.
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 10:02 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Oh and I'm doing everything that I'm supposed to nursing wise. Finish one breast first, then the other. I don't time her feedings, she eats as long as she wants. I burp her multiple times on each side and have even started nursing her in a position where she's upright and I'm laying back more so that gravity doesn't push milk at her too fast. Trust me, I've looked up and done everything I could so far. Dairy was just next on the list.
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 10:05 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• It's still far too early to see results. At least one week, and more like two or three. It takes six weeks to get all the dairy out of your system.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2011