Anyone else ever wonder

what would happen if you just made one different decision in your life? Isn't it crazy how one small decision can change the entire course of your life? About nine years ago I made the decision to give this guy a chance and go out on a date with him. That led to a relationship which led to my dd. Had I not decided to give him that shot then I wouldn't have my dd. And while the relationship didn't last I will never regret it. Because had I not dated him I wouldn't have my dd. Crazy.

Or had I married the first guy I asked then I would probably not have made the same decisions on my life. I wouldn't have joined the military, wouldn't have ended up in the same places, so on and so forth.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 9:32 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Life is a lot simpler than people realize. You make an excellent point.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:33 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yup. I told a guy I'd go out with him. I met him. Changed my mind and sent him away then changed it again and let him come back over and glad I did. We spent 5 of the most interesting years I've ever gone through.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:34 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• yeah, my dh and I talk about this and how if either one of us had made a different choice, we may have never met. I guess we had to go through all the crap we did to get where we are.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:34 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• It is simply called 'life'. Each decision leads us down a path with a whole new set of decisions. They are never ending. Isn't it great!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:35 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I am grateful for the life I have now. If I had never given my now dh a chance in high school, and stayed in the abusive relationship I was in when I met him, I may not be alive today. I think about that at times, and it both scares me and makes me thankful I had the strength to get away.
    Sure, my life now is not perfect, but I am fortunate in so many ways!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 9:42 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• i've thought about that, it's a trip!
    but i also believe that everything happens for a reason
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I already know...if I hadn't married DH #1, I wouldn't have my two older kids.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2011