I contracted toxoplasmosis and parvovirus while pregnant. My doctor has taken weeks to get back to me about it. I am worried what can I do?

I'm 16 weeks pregnant have had a few scares with bleeding and got a horrible rash all over from the parvovirus. I also contracted toxoplasmosis in the same time but my doctor doesn't know what to do ( so she says) and it has taken her 3 weeks so far to speak with the specialist. This is my first pregnancy and I am more concerned than she is but they refuse to return my calls! What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• toxoplasmosis and parvovirus- is not something that needs to be taken lightly. if your doctor is not concerned I would find a different one. toxoplasmosis can cause your baby to be premature and parvovirus can cause fifths disease.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 11:38 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Do not wait.... find another doctor! I would consult an infectious disease specialist immediately. If you don't know one, ask at your local hospital for a recommendation.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 1:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I am in total agreement with the other posters. Whether or not your doctor is concerned with the health & welfare of you & your unborn baby, you have EVERY right to be. Find a doctor who is willing to listen & do something about what is going on. With my second pregnancy I was experiencing unrelenting horrible abdominal pain so my DH rushed me to the ER & my doctor just sent me home with Tylenol (which had not worked before the ER, I don't know why she thought it would work at this point), 5 weeks later I was back in the ER because I was having a miscarriage that could have been prevented had my pain been taken more seriously, not just some crap about ". . . when you're pregnant pain is normal. . ." Best Wishes, Sweetie!

orangeblossom28

Answer by orangeblossom28 at 9:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2008