Kind of a S/O of another question. Do you appreciate your past?

When you become angry, or hateful over your past do you ever appreciate it? Your past makes you who you are today. Your decisions, good or bad, from your past help mold you into who you are today. I think people forget that sometimes. I despise a few people and events from my past. I do appreciate them. They helped mold me into who I am today. I learned so much.

How about you?

pookiekins34

Asked by pookiekins34 at 9:37 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Just for Fun

• its made me who i am today
    .jade.

Answer by .jade. at 1:28 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I never thought about it that way. While i don't dwell on my past, or despise it..i guess i don't really take the time to appreciate it much either.

I do think of times when i was a kid & i love those memories. But, for the most part..i leave the past behind me.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:43 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yes - despite all my past entails, I am glad it made me the person I am today
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 9:39 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• yeah. i understand what you are saying. certain decisions gone differently would change my life completely so i do appreciate the past. i have to just look to the future and take the good with the bad and leave all the past where it belongs.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:05 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yes I do agree with you, I despise a few people from my past, they are still immature high school drama queens and actually see no wrong in how they treat people and use them to get what they want, life,cheat ,steal , you name it they do it. but I am thankful for them at the same time cause they have made me open my eyes and see I am a good person, who treats everyone with respect and love, and I never use people, I give and give and don't feel bad when someone does something for me, because I know I always do for them. I also have learned what true friends and family are , and what is and isn't important in life.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:27 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Here is a link to a journal I wrote 3 years ago.  It's my best answer to your question.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1058746/My_thoughts_on_aging

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:22 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I just read it beeky and love it.
    pookiekins34

Comment by pookiekins34 (original poster) at 11:24 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Beeky I wanted to add that I am enjoying my 30's and looking forward to my 40's.
    pookiekins34

Comment by pookiekins34 (original poster) at 11:25 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Thank you pookiekins.  

I love your user name.  *giggles*

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:45 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• hmm i appreciate the good but not the bad
    those bad memories stick with us for life
    in the thalamus of our brain..it only made me more defensive to those i don't trust or don't know..
    which i don't appreciate i rather be open, trusting, and caring rather than have my guard up
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2011