Proof of cash?

Okay so I am ready to take my money from under my mattress and buy a house. When I make the offer, I need to submit proof of cash. What do I do? Do I take it to the bank so they can give me a bank statement?? or do I give them a Polaroid? (j/k).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Money & Work

• you need to have the money in the bank. I was required to show 3 bank statements. (3 months) when i purchased my home. they want to make sure that you didn't borrowed your down payment as it would be another bill for you to pay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I'd say go to the bank :)

although maybe take a photo and try to show that first just for giggles :) LOL
    Anonymous

• LOL - with the current bank situation, that might be a more solid proof!
    Anonymous

• i dont know i havent bought a house
    im sorry but i thought you were just saying a saying (i dont know what their called) and you didnt actually have that kind of money under your mattress. i just had to laugh at the picture cause i dont know if they would believe that
    but i would talk to the agent on what they feel is best. maybe to s.y.a. i would take it to the bank so that you have another witness (the bank)
    but if you are in some program where you would have to explain all that money in your account and where youve been hiding it. then i would open another account for this.
    good luck with your new house
    amber8804

Answer by amber8804 at 12:45 AM on Dec. 15, 2008