If a question is poorly written or

hard to read/understand...do you take the time to decipher it or do you move on?

What about links? Do you click on them?

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 9:49 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I click links if they seem interesting. I do try to decipher some questions, but if it's a stupid question...i stop reading & move along.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:50 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Most of the time I move on........there is spell check for goodness sakes, it does help and only takes a second. As for the links, sometimes I click but I'm on a work computer and basically most links are blocked, so I just move on there too.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 9:51 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I usually just move on. It actually frustrates me and I think really your what 15 or you just did not care much about getting your education. Typos I understand, even small grammer issues I get, but somtimes.. oh man.. sometimes..
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 9:52 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Realizing that not all people are as educated or as good at English as others, I try to take the time to understand what they are asking. Then, if I have an answer for them, I post. Everyone deserves a chance. It's the ones that are as long as your arm that lose me when they take too long to get to the point of the matter.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 9:53 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Text speak used throughout an entire question is a deterrent for me. I do not click links posted by anon.

pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:54 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• If it's really difficult to understand, I'll move on.

I usually don't click links unless it is from a site I recognize (CNN, MSNBC, etc). And call me lazy, but if the link is not "clickable", I don't bother to copy and paste.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:54 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Oh, and as far as the links - it depends on the topic. If it doesn't interest me, then - no. I have McAfee Smart Check. It won't even link up to the site if it's a bad website.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 9:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• It depends. If it's just plain lazy and typed put " r u goin out 2nite", I pass. If it seems genuine, I'll try. But what really cracks me up is when it really makes no sense at all and people give detailed long winded answers that have nothing to do with each other cracks me up!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:57 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• move on!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• No. I just give it a quick glance. If it's written in all caps, I move on. If it's really long, I move on.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2011