The little things. What are they for you?

DD was just humming.This reminded me of my grandma. She used to hum all the time while working around the house. I miss that. My great aunt will wrap a napkin around her pop can to soak up the sweat. I find myself doing that too now. My dh's grandmother used to walk through her flower garden with her hands behind her back just admiring her flowers.

It is the little things that make me smile.

pookiekins34

Asked by pookiekins34 at 10:04 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Just for Fun

• What a GREAT Question! Kudos to YOU!!!
    The way my dd sings her heart in the shower like a diva,lol -she sends tingles down my spine! Very Gifted!!
    The way I feel brand new after a shower/bath everytime. Love that.
    Brand new sheets on the bed after hanging outside....it smells like what I think Sunshine should smell like!
    When my Hubby smells me cooking from outside and comes in to walk up behind me and hug me and peek over my shoulder saying "Mmmm, you have the whole neighborhood smelling good out there"!
    The way my 2 puppies (Mini Dachs) keep my feet and legs warmer in the cold winter months at night.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 6:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Mine is when my boys just come out of the blue and say I love you mommy :) it just makes my day ( even more so when Im sick and they know it )
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 10:32 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• when my bf cuddles in his sleep or holds my hand while we are driving or walking unexpected there are alot others too many to list lol
    1_love_2_hearts

Answer by 1_love_2_hearts at 10:49 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• My MIL and FIL were so cute together. Before their health got so bad that all they had the strength to do was stay alive, we use to get the biggest kick out of them. They use to tell camping stories and get the details all mixed up. He would call her dummy. She would call him stupid. They would giggle and say they were both suffering from 'old-timers'! She use to cuddle the kids, listen to their stories, and say, 'well sir'. We do so many things and comment how this would drive him crazy or that would make her smile. I loved my in-laws to death. I do miss them so.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:57 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• That's good, glad you notice them!
    what are the little things that make me smile?
    i think the way my dad puts his shoes all perfectly neat in the same spot every time
    its adorable, and the way my SO combs his hair back with his hands.
    i should be noticing and appreciating these things more often!
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• The sound of my children's laughter.

The feel of clean sheets, after a full body scrub.

Walking beside a small stream in any wooded area - quiet and green.

The appreciation and smiles on my family's faces when they come into the kitchen just before dinner is done, and I'm making something that I know we will all enjoy together.

Thank you for this question. It helps us all remember how lucky we are.hugs

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 1:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Any thing my grandchildren do. When my granddaughter tried to explain rainbows to me! My grandson telling me how he wants to own a lighting store when he grows up.
    Hugs from my Dad. Walking my dog in the early mornings. So many things and memories.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 8:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2011