I'm going back to school. I have some questions. Please help.

I have an Associates degree (general ed/transfer program) I received in 1999. Well 12 years and 2 kids later I have decided to go back. I didn't really have a path 12 years ago I was on a theatre scholarship with now real major. I am wanting to get my nursing degree with a a long term goal of becoming a Nurse Practitioner. I filled out the FAFSA stuff last night. What should be my next step? Do I need to go ahead and apply to colleges or wait until I know what (if any) financial aid I will get? How do I know what prerequisites I will need?  I think I may know the answers to these questions I just need some reassurance.  Thanks in advance.

luvmygrlz

Asked by luvmygrlz at 10:08 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in

• Honestly, I would apply to schools. Find some that have degrees that you like. Go in and talk with counselors. They will let you know what courses you need to take before being accepted into the nursing program. Good luck!!!
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Apply at the college and go from there. Most colleges have financial aid on site to help you. Good luck and Congrats!
    My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 10:13 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Apply to and get accepted to a school, and then go to the financial aid office. Let them know you filled out a fafsa online and they will help you from there.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 10:30 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would wait to see what kind of money u qualify for.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:13 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Wait and see if you are approved for aid. I just graduated from college for the second time and that is how I was told to proceed both times. Even though the school likely has a financial aid office on campus, there is nothing they can do until your aid is approved or denied.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Thanks guys!!!
    luvmygrlz

Comment by luvmygrlz (original poster) at 11:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2011