HOW DO YOU GET RID OF A HEADACH IF YOU CANT TAKE MEDS?

NEWBBYMOMMA2011

Asked by NEWBBYMOMMA2011 at 10:10 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You could use a cold or warm compress, try lying down and resting, and I've never used them but I've heard wearing an amber necklace does wonders for pain.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:11 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• drinking a 2 glasses of water always does the trick for me. A good chunk of the time, we get headaches because of lack of water in our body...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:12 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Nap, take a hot shower. BTW, you can take Tylenol when you're pregnant.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:13 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• hmm...i always wear amber, every day. I've never heard of that...sounds neat!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:15 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Tylenol, and a bag of frozen peas on the most painful area. I still do it! Ah yes, and a cup of coffee. The caffiene works, and it's not enough to hurt anything.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:15 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Lots of water. Cool compress over the eyes. And yes u can take tylenol while pregnant. If the continue to persist let your OB know.
    luvmyboys11

Answer by luvmyboys11 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• you usually can take tylenol while pregnant. But I don't like taking any of that because even though you can take it you still don't know how much baby is getting so I usually just deal with it. We just had this discussion the other day the neighbor was down here and my back was hurting so bad I could barely walk. He asked me why I don't take some ibprofin I told him you can't when pregnant. He said he never heard that before. I told him well I can take tylenol, but I don't like to while pregnant. He said so what you are going to sit in pain? I told him I don't know how much actually go to the baby so I wont take it so then he said well that is your falt your in pain if you wont take anything lol. But I don't like to while pregnant and I to don't know what else to do about it.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• we'll I usually drink a cup of pepsi or coke and it works and take a nap..or lay down..put ice on ur head on under neck.. but coke usually helps the caffeine :) im not taking any medicines this pregnancy for any pain thank goodness for ice an heating pads!
    1_love_2_hearts

Answer by 1_love_2_hearts at 10:18 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I will soak in a nice, warm tub and then if that does not work then I will try resting in a cool, dark room. I also will drink a cup of coffee and sometimes that does it. My friend gets migraines and she swears that drinking Gatorade helps--- I have not tried it so I don't know how well it works. Good luck, I hope you feel better soon.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:19 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• COOL THANKS YALL. SO WHERE DO I GET AN AMBER NECKLES FROM?
    NEWBBYMOMMA2011

Comment by NEWBBYMOMMA2011 (original poster) at 10:28 AM on Jun. 29, 2011