HOw can i get my stubborn 15 month old to take milk from a cup?

I have an 11 year old and a 15 month old... the 11 year old was a breeze with everything thing... weaning, potty training... you name it, it was abreeze. My daugter however is a different story. She started drinking from a cup at 5 months... but i made the mistake of water and juice. I strted trying to give her milk in a cup a few months ago.. she refused... spit it out and threw the cup. I tried 8 different kinds of cups... she just wouldnt budge so ikept giving her the bottle... two days ago i decided to go cold turkey without the bottle... she sems not to care that the bottle is gone... but she will not drink milk!!! she continiues to refuse... I do not want to give in but i am not sure how long she shouyld go with little milk (maybe 3-6 oz a day). Anybody had this same issue.. need advice Please!

momof1308

Asked by momof1308 at 11:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• have you tried the sippy cups with straws.
    Get one for you too show her mama can drink out of it.
    Try cholocate if you have to for now.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• nubby sippy cup with the straws are great and my son loves drinking his milk and juice from this sippy cup because it's easier the the spout. my son just started on milk and have been off the bottle for a couple of days now but i have been using the straw sippy cups for about 4 months.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 12:03 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• also i forgot. dont give back the bottle youll be back at step 1.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:08 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• You know, it really about boundaries here. She will be fine without milk for a while. Make sure she gets a good diet in the meantime. Just make a big deal when she does drink out of a cup and then try again in a few days or even in a couple weeks. If you fight her with it it will become a big deal. If she refuses, correct the throwing not the not drinking milk. "Oh no we dont throw things thats not acceptable, if you dont want milk just tell mommy no thank you." Eventually she will do it on her own.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 6:06 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• DS never ever took milk from a sippy once he went off the bottle. Not once. We figured he was just being stubborn and then we found out that he was drinking milk in pre-k. How? In a big kid cup. My DD went to a sippy around that age. The only way she will drink milk is if it is chocolate. And even then, she never ever took more than 8 oz a day. She just doesn't like milk. She just gets her calcium from yogurt, cheese and cream cheese. Still does, today and she is 9 and perfectly healthy. Just doesn't like milk.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:19 AM on Dec. 15, 2008