what to do about dealing with the ex wife that likes to send sexual text to boyfriend and cant take when you stand up for youself? also my boyfreind and i now having the three kids over for the past four months, we are trying to get our foothold, but she keeps making things very diificult by calling and texting all hours of the night. I love these kids and this man, but i am wondering if this will ever stop!

My boyfriend and i have had his three kids over for the past few months but the ex keeps sending creepy sexual messages to boyfriend and causing all kinds of issues. I wrote back to her calling her out on this and not to text back. Boyfriend has also asked if it is not about the kids not to call or text, but she cont. When i pushed back, she threatened that the kids cannot come back to our house. Can anyone give me advice on how to deal with this without stooping to her level, which can be really hard not to do!

mars1233

Asked by mars1233 at 11:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• I would not get involved with this issue for 2 reasons. 1) It is his responsibility to deal with her in a manner that won't confuse their kids and finally put closure on that chapter of his life so that he can give all himself to you and his kids. 2) It is a good test for you to "size him up" on how he deals with this problem, so far you two aren't dealing with it to well by even acknowledging what she keeps on doing. Ignore it!!!!!!!! soon she will get so bored with trying to rile you up she will move on, but if she sees that it bothers you she will go at it even more. In this case "ignorance is bliss" but do watch and analyze how your b/f handles it. He may be playing both sides. JMO
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:03 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• get a new phone number
    CookieZenmilk

Answer by CookieZenmilk at 11:57 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• What a lunatic! I feel so bad you have to deal with this crap!, and around the holidays?! Jeez she needs to get over it and get a life...maybe you should consider a restraining order...just a thought. Good luck!
    JustinsWife4507

Answer by JustinsWife4507 at 12:10 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Ignore and delete..Don't even read them if it's that sort of message.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Restraining order much??
    Chazzms

Answer by Chazzms at 4:01 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• sorry bout that ...hubby went through the same thing when him and I got together but there werent any kids involved he just had one crazy B**** for an X lol....the only advice i can give you is get the phone numbers changed and try to get full costody of the kids so she cannot threaten to take them away...you've had them for the past few months so im sure you can handle it! :0)...if you decide not to ge the phone numbers changed then at least save the test messages and voicemails if any? and have them printed out or put onto a recorder so when or if you decide to go to court for costody/ restrainning order whatever the case may be you will have proof on your end...
    justinsmommie09

Answer by justinsmommie09 at 6:15 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Either remove the texting option or change numbers and she would have to leave msg/call the house phone?
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:46 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• If you and your boyfriend have both told her to stop and she refuses try ignoring the text's. I know it can be very trying but maybe once she see's that it's getting her no where maybe she'll lay off. It's kind of like what we tell our kids, they are just doing it to get a reaction out of you.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 6:59 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I agree with changing the number or giving her a number where she can reach you only by voice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I would make sure he is not cheating on you with her. He maybe leading her on when you are not around and that is why she keeps texting and calling him. I would keep a close eye on the situation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Dec. 15, 2008