I'm 21 and thinking about getting my tubes tied. can you give me info?

i have one child and at first i thought i would want more but the fact is i really don't want to get pregnant again, ever. i googled the different kinds of tubal litigations. i want one that's going to leave the least visible scar because i don't want it to show in my bikini. i want the least invasive one that will allow me to continue life and working out as normal. i'm on state insurance which covers my birth control, will they cover this permanent birth control? what's the best TL for me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Health

• Most Doctors don't like to do it at your age, and there are other options for extended BC.  At your age that would be my recommendation. I do applaud you for being proactive instead of reactive.

clapping

sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 10:38 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Good luck finding a doc who will do it since you are 21.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:31 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• U need to check to see if they would cover it. The best is where your tubes r cut and tied.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:32 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• the thing is...people change. You will NOT be the same person when you're 35. These kids of permanent decisions, are wiser to make later on in life. i don't think it's very wise of you to make this permanent decision so young. Most Dr.'s will not do that anyway for young woman unless they already have 3 or more kids.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:33 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Most doctors won't do it at your age. I think state insurance (I'm assuming you mean Medicaid?) will cover it but it varies by state. The state I'm from will only pay for it when you've reached a certain age OR if you have x number of children before you reach that age. You might have to call your state insurance service number and find out before you go any further and waste any time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I think most states won't do it under 25 years of age. If you really didn't want another child, I would be more concerned about not bringing an unwanted baby into the world than scars.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• in my state you can get it done after 20. i have a friend who is 20 with three kids and just had it done. only christian hospitals won't do it, but that's at any age
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:34 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• i do not want to have kids in my 30's and i don't want to risk ruining my body. i got lucky with the first. i know i don't want more
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Your friend is 20 with 3 kids...you are 20 with 1 kid. They most likely WONT do it until you are older. Just take birth control until you are old enough to get it done.
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 10:36 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Just think really hard before you make such a big,final decision.I had my last daughter at 42 and everyone was "egging" me on to have my tubes tied and I had so many questions and so many "not wanting "moments. It seemed too final! I never did get it done and here I am at 44 actually trying to get pregnant again because my husband and I want to try one more time for a boy.Just think about this a lot,you are still young.You might just meet your prince charming at 30 and he will want kids and then what?
    Jeswife44

Answer by Jeswife44 at 10:38 AM on Jun. 29, 2011