Social Networking

I just graduated with my BS in Criminal Justice here in Colorado and needing to get some business networking so if anyone in Colorado works in the Crimial Justice occupation please contact me.

Francesb72

Asked by Francesb72 at 10:37 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Money & Work

• Have you tried Linkedin?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:02 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yes my mom and I are both on there. No hits and have been on there for about 8 months
    Thank you for the suggestion.
    Francesb72

Comment by Francesb72 (original poster) at 11:11 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Please explore ALL the options available. You could access the International Court of Justice in Prague and see whether there are any opening for you. Or access job vacancies in the UN. Exposure, Contacts made and experience gained cannot be matched!! You could also try the Attorney General's Department. Call and meet the person handling HR, she / he may be able to guide you. GOOD LUCK!!
    cafenatesha

Answer by cafenatesha at 11:38 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Thank you very much cafenatesha. Appreciate you assistance.
    Francesb72

Comment by Francesb72 (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Have you thought of getting your foot in the door as a receptionist with a law firm? Or intern with one of the local agencies?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Check out Linkedin.com netvibes.com facebook.com wireclub.com These are good social network sites, you might find them there too.
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 1:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Start with professional organizations in your field, and the local alumni organization from the university you attended.

Social networking and professional networking are two very different animals

Answer by rkoloms at 2:46 PM on Jul. 2, 2011