Sick of the whining... adult content

Who else is sick of the bitching and whining and moaning "more persecuted than thou" BS going on in this section (and RD)?

Different people have different beliefs. This is a section for persons of ALL beliefs.  Get over it.  There are enough (enter belief system) groups on CM (I guarantee you can find one--or start one--that reflects your specific belief) if you can't handle that simple fact of life.  

Some of would actually like to (try) to have halfway intelligent discourse with persons of other beliefs and opinions. Please stop ruining it.

thalassa

Asked by thalassa at 10:40 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm kinda sick of people whining about people whining...
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:41 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• HAA HAA!!! I have been answering questions about babies and little children and I thought this was going to be a question about someone's 3 year old whining all the time. :D
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:26 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• This is not the debate section. Which for some reason, that seems to be bleeding over into this section and casual discussion seems to be going by the wayside for some.

It spread here on the back of a single question over the weekend, which was finally, eventually recatted out of it. It never belonged here in the first place, and was only here as a bitchsnit by someone who didn't like being downvoted in RD, so she deleted her post there and reposted it here, some of it word for word. If people keep moving the drama back to RD, it will stay there. There's no point to encourage it here.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• It is getting old on all sides. I know some people won't even post over here anymore because of it. I wish debates would stay in debates and not leak over into R&B section too.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:41 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• i'll bump ya! i just said the same thing, in another question (about CM). its not fun lately.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:41 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Oh, yes, it's getting annoying. If you spend enough time in this section you realize that we *do* (mostly) get along just fine, once you come to understand the individual members and get a feel for the way the group (of people, since I know this isn't a "group") works, the "groove" we have going on here. I think a lot of the time new people come in, not understanding the section or the dynamic of the group of ladies on here, and they assume a defensive position when faced with the intelligent, non Christian responses. The level of intelligence found in this section can be intimidating, if someone isn't prepared for it. I think some people suffer a sort of shock when first coming here, and perceive offense or threat when there really is none, just because they are so unprepared for what this section is or has to offer. Once they step back from their defensive positions, get to know the members, etc, coexistance becomes easier..
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• If people take the time to actually understand the section, they'd realize that each individual gets what they put into the section. The regulars here DO respect people of all faiths and beliefs, but how someone presents themselves or those beliefs determines how others react to them. I know some people don't realize how offensive they may come off, especially when they're taught to respond to "nonbelievers" a certain way, and the members in this section are willing to work with that. But when someone is told repeatedly that the way they represent themselves and their beliefs is offensive and rude, etc, then yes they build a reputation for themselves based on that negativity. Now, sometimes new members see people being reacted to with negativity and assume that it is merely because of their affiliation when it has more to do with the reputation they've earned, but for the most part we DO have a good thing going here...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I get where you are coming from bandgeek. The "group" also needs to realize they run people off when the new people do not get the dynamic. They are new. Quit running them off. CM needs to make a couple of the regulars in the 'group" take a break from RD. imho Things are so bad a lot of cmers will not visit RD anymore. Thanks to the "group". Has nothing to do with big girl panties either. I am sure someone will post the picture anyway. RD is not a debate area anymore. RD has turned into a bitchfest.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I agree with Bandgeek..

I would also like to add. This section has predominately been a section for casual discussion in regards to Religion & Beliefs. Those discussions have and do involve people from many different religious backgrounds and cultural backgrounds. They are usually informative discussions with low levels of drama. Yes drama does happen occasionally however like I stated before it is usually low levels of drama. Nothing like I have noticed over the past few days.
    This is not the debate section. Which for some reason, that seems to be bleeding over into this section and casual discussion seems to be going by the wayside for some.

I for one wish casual discussion/questioning/sharing of information would return to this section and all the debating (and the subsequent bitching that some feel must go hand in hand with debating) would return to the Religious Debate section.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I have a very low tolerance for whining of any kind...
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 4:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2011