Under-arm jiggles...

I'm losing the weight oh-so-slowly and everywhere is toning up. That is ,except my bat-wings. I need tips on what works. Please, no righteous spiel about how it's impossible to spot-train or raves about triceps dips & extensions. I need real solutions/tricks that worked for real women. Please.

whiskey80

Asked by whiskey80 at 10:41 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• lol, you need to work your triceps. there are tons of tricep workouts, like tricep kickbacks....i'll find you a link
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:49 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• You may not want to hear it but all the muscle toning exercises in the world will build muscle but NOT get rid of the under arm jiggles, AKA Bat Wings, AKA Ham Hocks.

You don't want to hear that you can't spot lose, but i'm sorry...you CAN'T! You can't tell your body to take the fat away from your under arms and not elsewhere from cardio. It just takes from where it will. With Insanity I lost 33 inches and 4 of them came from my under arms, I lost 2 inches off each arm....and now when I hold my arms out to see the flab you can really see how it's shrunken and see the line where muscle i've built ends and where the flab begins a LOT more distinctly.

Now that i'm doing ChaLEAN Extreme i'm sure i'll lose even more inches on my arms and continue to build and tone the muscle, but that's not the only place where I'm going to lose fat. There's simply no way to tell your body where to burn it from.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I've lost almost 70lbs and my arms started looking really toned and muscular after I dropped most of the weight but also when I really started working on upper body strength. I've had the best results with using dumbbells and body weight exercises and not the machines at the gym. I also stopped being afraid of using a little heavier weight and maxing out my muscles. I do things like bicep curls, hammer curls to over head press all with 15-20lb dumbbells (I did work out to that) triceps, I do tricep dips and kickbacks with 10-15lb dumbbells. I started working on being able to do real push ups and holding planks on a stability ball for a long time. That really helped my shoulders define nicely as well as the rest of my arm. Oh, not sure why you don't want raves about certain exercises if they actually work. Isn't that what you're asking for?
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 4:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• using weights for the arms should do it. swimming too
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 30, 2011