If you found out your own mother was bad mouthing you how would u react?

Recently I found out my mother has been calling other family out of state bad mouthing me. I am extreamly upset over this I am the only person in the family that deals with her she is a difficult woman. My grandma is under hospis care currently so I deal with the communications with the out of state family on that issue because they don't speak to my mother on the last update phone call I found out that my mom did have a conversation with her sister (it ended badly) and my aunt repeated to me what was said I'm am disappointed in what my mother said and i feel I should pull back from helping her because if she feels that way.

rinamomof2

Asked by rinamomof2 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• My mother is the same way and I think that is why I don't go and visit her very often. I think you should step back and look at what you have done for her and if she can't respect you for that then you need to say something before it gets worse than what you want it to.
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Can you talk to her about it??
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:47 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• To be honest, we would probably have words.....I would confront her.
    stephensmom26

Answer by stephensmom26 at 10:47 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• If it were me I wouldn't talk to her for a while. If you're the only one putting up with her and she is running her mouth about you i'd just let her be for a while until it sinks in her brain that she has no right to bad mouth you to ANYONE. hope this helps!
    YerMami24

Answer by YerMami24 at 10:51 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• well i always confronted my mom and we argued and then wouldnt talk for a few days but in the end she is my mother so i would always be the one who spoke first..which is sad because you would think she would want to speak to me first since she is the mother, but she has told me worse to my face and it was hard to even see her or be in the same atmosphere as her. I was totally disgusted and shocked that those words had came from her mouth. our relationship is rocky still to this day i keep it short with her because it still hurts but if she does pass away i know I still had somewhat of a decent relationship with her.
    1_love_2_hearts

Answer by 1_love_2_hearts at 11:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Well, I would talk to her about it, but here is the thing, it sounds like she has relationship problems with everyone, so you probably are not going to make any headway, I would just talk to her on an "as needed" basis.. What did she have to say about you to the aunt? I think just accept her for what she is, and be done.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:59 AM on Jun. 29, 2011