Rapture.

In the interest of moving things past the annoying "ZOMG people are BASHING my BELEIFS *sob*" drama, I've got some random debate topics to let people get PO'd about instead...

Do you believe in it? Pre-trib, post-trib? And WHY?

thalassa

Asked by thalassa at 10:49 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Religious Debate

• No. The reason I don't is for the simple fact that when these things were written they spoke of happening soon...not happening centuries from now. Also, I don't take much about someone's dreams. sometimes they mean the exact opposite. Secondly, the rapture from what I understand wasn't believed until much later
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I believe in A rapture (which simply means caught up) of the Christian church.

I do NOT believe in a "pre-trib" rapture - the Scripture says much about the idea of the rapture (it doesn't use the word) but also never gives mention about timing except in Revelation where it says that it will happen "at the last trumpet." The last trumpet is also when the Judgement happens. So I believe that the rapture will happen when Christ returns.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 10:54 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I don't believe in a rapture per se. I am a amillennialist  I don't believe Revelations is necessarily referring to the future. 

adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 11:48 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• no. imo Revelation is a metaphor.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:57 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• After the Rapture mints Baptist end times fundamentalists New Life Church Pat RobertsonAfter The Rapture Can I Have Your Car magnetS-EarthtoOurselves.jpg

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 7:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• i believe in it but i really am not sue when it will happen. the reason i believe in it is mostly fear. i would rather believe i will be spared at least some of the bad stuff then believe im going to stick around till the world explodes or whatever. lol

takes_a_village

Answer by takes_a_village at 10:53 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• No, I don't believe in it, in any way.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:51 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• No.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I believe in a pre-trib Rapture and there are many, many Scriptures to support it.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 5:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• The "z" was originally a mistake while attempting to hit the shift key with the left hand, and type "OMG" hence ZOMG
    ANYWAY..
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2011