Chocolate birthday party

my little girl is turning 4 and i am going to theme the party as chocolate everything. the kids are going to make chocolate pizzas (rice crispy treat with chocolate sauce and candy) there will be a fondue pot with chocolate and tons of fruit to dip and then a hot chocolate tea party and the chocolate cake! i dont have any games to play and for the life of me i cant think of any games to play with chocolate that do not include an eating contest. can you think of any?

takes_a_village

Asked by takes_a_village at 10:50 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You could play bingo and use M&M's as markers.

You could do a relay race and use chocolate chips on a spoon to run back and forth trying to drop them in a bowl.

Pin the "tag" on the hershey kiss instead of pin the tail on the donkey.

guess the number of chocolate kisses (or ay other candy) in a candy dish or jar.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:53 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Pin the marshmallow on the brownie?
    Finger paints with only earth tones?
    chocolate-chocolate-fudge (instead of duck-duck-goose)?

that's just off the top of my head
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 10:54 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• That sounds like enough chocolate to me! I honestly would be a little annoyed if my daughter ate so much chocolate at a party. She's heavy and I really try to watch what she eats. Maybe just have regular games, relay races, you could pin the cherry on the ice cream sundae!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:56 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Pin the chocolate chip on the cookie. Chocolate relay race (they have to put a hershey kiss on a spoon and run 10 yard around a cone and back) the cone could be giant hershey kiss out of newspaper and aluminum foil (hope your crafty) These are just a few I could think of on the fly.  If I think of any more I'll be back. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:59 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would go for the chocolate themed games, decorating their own dessert and the chocolate fountain. I would skip the chocolate cake and the hot chocolate. You could just serve white milk..you may have a bunch of cranky and hyper kids with that much chocolate.

You could have brown construction paper and let them cut out cakes and decorate them with polka dot stickers (maybe you could find foam stickers). Make your own pinata in the shape of something chocolate.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/html/chocolate_party.html

Lots of good ideas on this site
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• i like these ideas. sorry, i got nothing.
    caljones

Answer by caljones at 11:11 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• while i understand that a lot of people are not into the totally chocolate idea my child is and we have already talked to the parents before we decided to go with it and they are all ok with it.

i love the ideas!!!
    takes_a_village

Comment by takes_a_village (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• CANDY LAND!!!

you could do chocolate on the spoon races (rather than eggs)..

pin the hershey nose on the chocolate man.. lol.

etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• You could use a cardboard box and cut it in the shape of a big circle. Cut out some fairly large holes and let the kids throw styrofoam ball painted brown thru the holes on the giant chocolate chip cookie.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2011