birth control

I need advice on what the best birth control is.Trying to figure out which one has the best effect and least side effects,short term and mostly long term.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Health

• All birth control has side effects. it just depends on the person as to how bad they will be.
    IUD- Risk of infection and possibly unable to have children in the future (happened to two of my friends)
    Depo- ovarian cancer
    patched- blood clots
    pills- mood swings and its something you have to remember everyday
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• wow so its a risk no matter what
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• iv got the implanon(implant) and it works for 3 yrs
    it stops u from getting pregnant but has 1% chance to fall pregnant
    some women get the period some dont some get it longer/shorter
    some get it heaver/lighter

it really depends on the body really..good luck on wot u wnt..
    jacksonsmumm908

Answer by jacksonsmumm908 at 1:56 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I was on the depo shot for almost 3 years and it made me gain alot of weight and I was getting bad side effects with it. So I have been trying different birth control methods and they all suck. I tried to get the IUD and the process is very painful but it did not work for me. Then I tried the ring that was just a pain in the ass. If I walked alot that day I would have to go to the bathroom and push it back up. When I would have sex with my boyfriend he could feel it and it would always fall out. So know I am doing the pill it kind of sucks because I have to remember to take it at the same time everyday. When I first started taking it, it made me feel really sick to my stomack . I have only been on it for a week . So if you find a good one let me know. Good luck!
    andrea86160

Answer by andrea86160 at 11:02 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I have the Mirena and love it. It will be the most cost effective for my situation since my husband and I don't want another child for a few years. Everything has side effects, every person reacts differently. Just make sure to do your homework before you chose what you want.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 4:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2008