Teething?

what are the signs of teething? my little girl will be 5 months old in 8 days. she drools a lot, wants to chew things, even my finger. she fussed all last night and is finally ok today. she didnt want o suck her bottle. also her acid reflux is acting up but i know thats not anything to do with teething. she was pulling her ear but idk if thats her teething or an ear infection. i did give her ear drops that doc gave her just in case. he ordered it but when we seen him she didnt have any ear infection, at least not yet. this is my first baby. i need help please.

lifeisgreatbut.

Asked by lifeisgreatbut. at 11:06 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That's all teething. Even the ear. It could be a month before you actually see the tooth, but she feels it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:08 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Sounds like teething. Half the time I never knew - until I felt the tooth in their mouth. :D

Don't do the drops unless you know the ears are infected. Just relax. :) I know that is hard, when your little one is so upset and fussy. Let her chew on whatever feels good. Frozen waffles are great. :) Keep her comfortable, as much as you can. Hold her a lot when she is fussy. Hang in there!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:10 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• babies can pull at their ears if they are teething,, however I wouldn't have given the ear drops unless there was an official ear infection.

A good sign of teething is their gums.. you'll notice maybe some slight swelling and you'll be able to see the whites of the teeth in the gums and as they move up or come down. the closer they get to the surface the more noticable.. it can take a few months before they actually break through..

Don't use orajel for babies.. it's actually very bad for them and in some cases has proved deadly. (or like products are just as bad).

instead use a cool cloth, a teething ring, even a paci that was in the freezer for a while.. or those froozen pops are good they have them for babies, just don't open them..
    don't use teething buiscuits either, HUGE choking hazard with those. My first dd, her nana got her some when she was 7 or 8 months old, and she broke it off and nearly choked on it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:27 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• That all shows signs of teething to me, you can give some different teething things for them, but I found that tyneol and orjeal was the only thing that worked for him while he was teething.
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:25 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• if he is excessively fussy you can talk with your doctor about tylenol, however dont use it unless you really have no choice (like baby is fussing all day, missed his naps and now won't go to bed and seems like he's in pain)..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:29 AM on Jun. 29, 2011