• In the Spotlight:

What has your child discovered this summer?

Yesterday I caught my daughter (13 months old) drinking out of the sprinklers lol so I scream "NO!!" to kinda startle her and get her attention, and it works so i grab her and move her back towards. As soon as I put her down she runs to the next sprinkler to do the same thing lol So we repeat steps 1 and 2 lol. Then I say f-it and we walk to the front of the house to play in the leaves as we were walking she stepped in a puddle and I thought nothing of it until I realized that this was her 1st official puddle. (usually we pick her up to avoid getting wet) She was soooooooo amazed and i was tickled lol. She stumped, kicked, splashed and yes even drank her first puddle yesterday lol It was the highlight of my very rocky day.

So what has your little ones discovered this summer?

floating in poolat the beachbutterfly on headbarbecuing

timbrikaylamom

Asked by timbrikaylamom at 11:08 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter (almost 9 months) has learned how to crawl and get into everything! She now follows me everywhere and I caught her in the kitchen yesterday spilling out all of our dog's water onto the floor, she also discovered the fridge yesterday...now when I open the fridge to find something I have both a dog and a baby sitting in and begging for things!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 11:14 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• How cute! My "little" one is 18, he has learned to stay up all night, and sleep all day.........LOLOL
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:10 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• lol, my 6 month old got to discover a sprinkler for the first time this summer as well.. we went to a water park (mostly for my three year old), but it was hot, so I took my youngest over to the one sprinkler and let her kick her little legs in it and touch and play.. (it was perfectly safe at this water park, there wasn't any water on the ground because it all drained, so it was basically just a park with a lot of different sprinklers..).

My three year old got to enjoy the zoo for the first time.. I don't know why we didn't go before then, mostly the drive I guess because it's in the middle of downtown buffalo and I hate city driving, lol. But it wasn't all of what I remembered from when I was a kid, I was a little disappointed.

my 6 month old also just realized she can roll over BOTH ways, lol.. (she was only rolling from back to belly for the longest time, the opposite of most babies) and is learning to crawl now.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:22 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• lol awwww party animal or book worm? lol
    timbrikaylamom

Comment by timbrikaylamom (original poster) at 11:15 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• how cute is that lol my daughter cracks eggs and leaves food hand prints everywhere it was cute at 1st lol now we have 4 permanent spaghetti sauce hand prints on our carpet lol

timbrikaylamom

Comment by timbrikaylamom (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• awww how cute thanks for sharing mommas
    timbrikaylamom

Comment by timbrikaylamom (original poster) at 11:24 AM on Jun. 29, 2011