Looking for a book title re: parenting an adopted child

Someone gave me an idea for a book and I cannot for the life of me find the title. What books do you think are good?

ochsamom

Asked by ochsamom at 11:14 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Adoption

• I once heard an adoptive couple say "No adoptee should leave the hospital without a copy of "The Primal Wound: Understanding The Adopted Child" by Nancy Verrier." http://www.amazon.com/Primal-Wound-Understanding-Adopted-Child/dp/0963648004/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1309368010&sr=1-1  I'm not sure that is the perfect book for you since you didn't adopt your children as infants. I would have recommended that as an adoptee you get it anyway, (all the adoptees I know say it's the adoption bible) but again since you knew your birth mother growing up, I'm not sure it's the perfect book for you in that sense either.

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 1:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• So...

I would recommend the book "Twenty Things Adopted Kids Wished their Adoptive Parents Knew" by Sherrie Eldridge. http://www.amazon.com/Twenty-Things-Adopted-Adoptive-Parents/dp/044050838X 

onethentwins

• Thank you so much onethentwins! I will look them up right now.
    ochsamom

Comment by ochsamom (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Bringing up boys, and bringing up girls.... both by Dr. James Dobson.... good books!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 12:57 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• ty M

OTT I started The Primal Would yesterday. Thank you again.
    ochsamom

Comment by ochsamom (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Jul. 3, 2011