Homemade ant repellant!

i have ants on my counter & there not the little ones! there big. & there everywhere... i had a cookout & didnt clean up for about 2 hours dirty plates in sink food was covered but ants were EVERYWHERE on my counter, in the sink!! its DISGUSTING! I tried ant traps they dont work...

jennifer_oakley

Asked by jennifer_oakley at 11:16 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Home & Garden

• borax & syrup (or sugar, honey...anything sweet) the borax kills them & they take some back to their family & it kills them too. Leave some on the counter, they will hover around it....but let them because they will bring it back to their nest.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:19 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• i always heard of grits or oatmeal just sprinkle it on the nest idk if it still works but my neighbor swears by it
    1_love_2_hearts

Answer by 1_love_2_hearts at 11:25 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Grits
    Instant Cream of Wheat
    Instant Mashed Potatoes
    Powder
    Cornstarch

My Mom also uses whole cloves. I dont know if they work or not
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 4:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Coffee grounds
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I haven't heard about coffee grounds, but all the others work. The borax is probably best, but be careful if you have kids or pets, it is toxic. I just mixed Borax and sugar water and left it in a cup in an inaccessible place. Got to do it again because I just notice some this am. Seems they are really bad this year for some reason.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:08 AM on Jul. 13, 2011