What would you think?

I know a couple who are getting married soon. Here is their scenario:

The groom's family live in a different country. The bride asked her MIL-to-be where everyone will be staying, as there will be cars for the families to get to the church.

The groom's parents are divorced, so the MIL says she will be staying at her mom's house (along with son and boyfriend) and that the FIL will be staying with one of their sons. Problem is that one of the son's doesn't speak to him and the other is the groom.

The groom has asked the bride to stay with her family once the FIL comes over (a few days until wedding), that's not a problem as they live in a small apartment and have 2 kids - 2 bedrooms and one bathroom.

However, he also says he thinks it will be a good idea that his new wife (and kids) continue to stay with her parents until the dad leaves a week later (as they aren't going on honeymoon straight away). As his brother may not be accommodating.

What do you think of this? Personally I find it ridiculous, but that's just me. (I also know she isn't thrilled with the idea)

Awakened1

Asked by Awakened1 at 11:19 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• I think it's a big ole brain teasing mess.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:20 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Haha! I agree. I think it shows a huge lack of consideration.
    Awakened1

Comment by Awakened1 (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I'm dizzy now.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:22 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I agree with meooma.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I do not think this is a good beginning for a marriage. If it were me, I'd opt for a quick ceremony at the courthouse and let the in-laws and outlaws all stay at home.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:29 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• sounds like someone else needs to get a hotel room and butt out?
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:31 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Myself If I had the money I would put him up in a hotel/motel But that's just me.. I couldn't see living without my hubby right after we got married and for a week
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• The thing is they have been together for a few years and there's never been this kind of problem. That's why is causing such a problem. *sigh* lol
    Awakened1

Comment by Awakened1 (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I feel sorry for them both. They both want to be accommodating, but it shouldn't be at their expense. (He hasn't see his dad in years)
    Awakened1

Comment by Awakened1 (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would say no because the FIL should have respect enough to stay at a hotel after the wedding..If it were me I would tell my soon to be husband no that he can stay some where else
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 29, 2011