Need some advice!!

I have a guest bedroom that is also kind of a lounge room (I have a futon that will fold out into a bed). My furniture is a chocolate brown and im wondering what colors will go well in this room for decorating. I do NOT want to do any shade of blue or green as I have it in my other rooms (and no red, I dont like red)... I want to do something fun and funky with this room, because well I can haha so I think it will be a ton of fun!! Would love some inspiration ladies!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Home & Garden

• How about a shade of yellow?
    stephensmom26

Answer by stephensmom26 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Brown gives you lots of options - yellow, various shades of purple, pink, orange...take your pick! You can do accents, paint each wall a different colour, put an interesting rug down, whatever. Another option is find a piece of art that you like that fits the space and take your accent colours from that.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 11:36 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• i agree with the pp's...buttercup yellow would be fun and bright and make the room gender neutral so that if a male were to stay in your guest room, he wouldnt feel like he were in pink hell (although pink hell for a man sounds fantastic for me lol)
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 11:38 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I woas thinking yellows too.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:39 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Orange and brown - funky and cute.
    happymom353

Answer by happymom353 at 11:40 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• lol I was thinking yellow too!! You dont think people will dislike it when staying the night in there do u?? I dont want it to be too bright..but I actually love the idea of doing yellow..its so not me and I need something like that! lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Red and orange accent pieces ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Orange and brown looks nice, as does yellow and brown. If it were me, I'd go with a pink, orange and brown theme- funky and cute :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• pink and brown look amazing together. My 1st thought was blue but you said no on that.
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Or a really wild shade of green, maybe a chartreuse. Brown is so neutral, you can use almost anything.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:05 AM on Jul. 13, 2011