Does Valtrex work for Cold Sores on the lips?

I have Valtrex for herpes and I thought I was told to take it when I had a cold sore on my lip too. It was so long ago I dont remember but I think it was 3 in a 24 hour period, so does valtrex work? or what are some other home remedies I dont really want to spend $20 on abreva and we have pics in a couple of days please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Health

• Yes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I've tried most everything out there and the only things that works for my is vitamin c. You can find it in powder form; make a paste out of it and apply it to your lip; stings a little but works really great. I no longer have to even do that. I started supplementing with vitamin c and since then, I have not had even a single outbreak.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• You can always call the pharmacy although I am pretty sure that valtrex will help with that as well...
    Anonymous