Now i'm just pissed! (yeah, a vent!)

a while back, i posted about the illegal use of 4-wheelers/golfcarts within city limits by young kids, without safety gear or adult supervision, specifically in our neighborhood.
i had contacted the police 3x, written an editorial after one 11yo was killed, needlessly, etc. its been 'quieter' since then, but they are still in use, still unsupervised, by young kids.
we're new to this neighborhood, and was looking forward to the two block parties, one being the 4th of July. i responded to the FB-event..bringing various foods, fireworks..to contribute.
what did i get in response? nothing but spiteful posts from 'neighbors':
''let's bring the 4-wheelers!''
''i'm bringing my golfcart!''
''i hope i can get my kid off of mine, so i can use it!''

wth is wrong with these parents??

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 12:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• This is exactly why, when we move to our new neighborhood, we refuse to get "close" to anyone.. we made that mistake in our current trash neighborhood filled with backwards racist white trash , still living in high school competitions
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Well damn you for caring about the kids. Wow your neighborhood seems a little too carefree with their kids' safety.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• They need a foot in the arse, that's what is wrong with them.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• you'd think it would have opened their eyes when that kid died.. just stupid..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• There crazy1
    stephensmom26

Answer by stephensmom26 at 12:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• ignorance.
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 1:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I am in agreement with you, my BIL and SIL have a 4 wheeler, and I do not let my 6 year old ride it, they make fun of me, but I lost a dear friend in an ATV accident, and they are dangerous,, esp when no safety gear is used.. I wouldn't go to the party, and I would continue to call the police,,,
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• WOW. Our town is small, and I personally know 3 children that ended up in the hospital from riding 4 wheelers and all were under the age of 15. 2 were broken legs and one was a head wound (the boy laid in the ditch bleeding for 2 hours before he woke up and was able to walk to his house - no one even bothered checking on him!) Tragically last year an 12 yr old died in a 4 wheeler accident, luckily his 3 yr old brother jumped off before the accident. His brother yelled to him to jump off before he crashed into the ditch flipped upside down in the water breaking his neck. They are not safe for children to be riding, especially unsupervised and without protection. All of these accidents were children that were friends with my boys.
    I'm with you on this one.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• texasgurl..you'd think the 'foot' would've been their 11yo classmate's death.
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 12:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• we won't be participating..i refuse to be the laughing-stock for idiots to point and joke about. luckily, there are several city/area fireworks celebrations to choose from.
    it is disappointing..we thought we had landed in a good, friendly neighborhood..and this block-party would've been a good change to meet families. guess not!
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2011