New computer shows up at my door? To keep or not to keep that is the question, lol!

I left my old job about 2 months ago, it was very stressful, but I was made privy to an email that said the only reason the recruited me was to get my accounts, and not to help me build my business anymore, due to the fact I had helped them get almost an extra MILLION dollars when they sold.
The whole time was miserable, and I chose to leave, anyway my last paycheck was not sent to me because they said I didn't have enough sales to get one,, not true, but I have no proof!
Anyway a NEW think pad showed up on my doorstep, I was very lucky even to see it, as we use the back door all the time, it really could have been stolen. Send it back or keep it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Money & Work

• So I'm assuming this came from your former employer somehow? Regardless, it's stealing. And if you keep it and it's traced back to you you'll be in a heap of trouble. But besides that, wouldn't you feel guilty? If you wouldn't want your kids doing the same thing in a similar scenario, send it back. There's no price on your integrity.
    MegMurry

Answer by MegMurry at 12:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• call them and let them know you recieved it. if they say they want it back tell them they need to handle all the shipping and handleing
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• If you are not meant o have it then send it back.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Who paid for it?
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I agree with pookiekins.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Keeping it is stealing. If they didnt pay you and youre owed money take them to court.

Answer by gemgem at 12:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would not win if I took them to court, all sales are recorded in the computer and they deleted my sales,, so it would be very hard to prove,, I think it is stealing as well, but they have already cost me a 20 year career down the drain,,,and to send it back and insure it will be over $50.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• uuumm if you keep it and start up the same kind of business depending on what state you/them are in they may be able to sue you for competing with them in business.. might want to look at your contract and make sure you didnt sign a non-compete clause somewhere in there.. cuz those things dont end just because you quit or get fired.. i'd call them and ask them what your suppose to do with the computer..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2011