Do you feel that you have a religious/spiritual obligation to have children?

If so, why?

thalassa

Asked by thalassa at 12:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• haha..no. if anything, having children must've been penance for my 'sins'. J/K!!! lol!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I didn't have any obligation to have my girls.. They were a blessing though♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• laughingUmmm...no way!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Religion never playeda factor in my decision to have kids. And I'm a Catholic. So there! ;-)
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yes, because that is my calling.
    Some get called into the ministry, my calling was the sacrament of marriage. I always knew that someday I would have children.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 12:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• No. I have known Catholic people who have like 10 kids and they shop at the food bank and live in squalor all because they think it's their 'duty' to have as many kids for the lord as they can.
    >>>>
    And I have known Catholic People who have 10 kids and live in a large, beautifully decorated house and donate a great deal of money to food banks
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 12:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• adnilm... well, I'm glad THEY can afford the kids they have, but anyone who can't afford to have 10 kids- regardless of religious affiliation- but does so anyway because they feel the need to create more god-slaves is a nutter.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 4:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• "Obligated" to have children? What a sad thought!
    jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 4:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

>>>
    Well aren't you just super open minded? LOL I'm glad that the issue is so black and white to you. I'll bookmark this one for future reference.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 5:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Nope! I feel that my obligation to my kids it to raise them properly by teaching them respect of others, our goverment and laws, and most importantly themselves. also to teach them with all my knowledge and to let others teach them their knowledge as well so they can succeed
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2011