I am bringing ........

scrambled eggs (about 1.5 dozen) to a breakfast at work in the morning. I was planning on cooking them about 10 mins before I leave, put them in a metal 1/2 pan and cover with foil. I work maybe 20 mins away from home. I think they will keep fine without having to reheat, what to you think?

Dahis

Asked by Dahis at 12:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I'd say they'd be fine. people can mic them theirselves. If you have a griddle though that would be awesome! Maybe a co-worker has one they can bring for you if not?
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I think they'll be overcooked and therefore rubbery by the time they are served. They don't hold heat well so even if they retain on the journey, the heat may be lost as soon as they are put out. :( Is there any way you can prepare the mixture and then just cook them at work?
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 12:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would take an electric skillet, or make some kind of casserole,,, IMO I don't like eggs in the microwave.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• You can totally make scrambled eggs in the microwave. Do you have one at work?
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 12:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I have never microwaved eggs before. Isn't that a lot of eggs for a microwave?
    Dahis

Comment by Dahis (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I've never microwaved more than 6 at a time, actually. But you could do it in batches. If you wanted to test it, you could always try microwaving some tonight?
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 12:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I can try, how do you do it? Just like regular then nuke them??? for how long??
    Dahis

Comment by Dahis (original poster) at 12:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• do you have one of those electric griddles? That's how we made eggs and pancakes in our classroom for a breakfast event.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 12:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2011