Does bedtime change in your house during the summer?

pookiekins34

Asked by pookiekins34 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes, bedtime and wake time both move back about an hour and we are more flexible about bedtime in the summer.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I let the kids stay up til they start to become nuisances from being tired and not wanting to give in and go to bed on their own. Or I get tired and need them asleep so I can go to bed myself. Whichever comes first. I'm more of a stickler with bedtimes during the school year.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yes, I usually let them stay up a couple hours later!
    stephensmom26

Answer by stephensmom26 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• my dd can stay up an hour later than her bed time. I don't want her getting used to sleeping very late and waking up later because:
    1. our days will be wasted if she wakes up late
    2. it'll be hard to get her back on schedule for back to school
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 12:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Not normally.. I do let them stay up some nights a little late if were are doing something.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yes it does, but that is because they will stay awake anyways as long as it is light. My kids are also homeschooled so the only real times they have to be asleep at bedtime is when we have appointments the next day.
    SMS

Answer by SMS at 12:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Some nights, yes, but most nights we all get to bed around the same time because we still have work.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Yep. during the school year they go to bed at 8pm. In the summer it doesn't even start to get dark until after 9pm. Actually the last month of school we started letting them stay up later. Now that it's summer break they go to bed at 10pm IF they aren't whiny and cranky otherwise they go to bed whenever I tell them to. They are 11, 9, 8 and 5.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Nope because we have to get up at the same time because I work and my son goes to daycare. We do sleep a little later on saturdays and sundays because we spend the weekend at the river and we are tuckered out. Other than that the weekdays are pretty much the same.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 12:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Well I work full time, so the younger kids still get up early, so unfortunately, nothing really changes. My 16 year old stays up until god knows when though.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2011